Feel free to leave comments under my posts. I love hearing your thoughts.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Spiderwick Chronicles


I am loving the Spiderwick chronicles more than I probably should. I wish they would never end. I'm now starting on the second series. I think almost all ages would like them but I would recommend them for 10 and up. They are short books (I like short books) and when I'm done with one I can't wait to read the next. I was heart broken when our library didn't have the last one and had to wait a hole week for the Inter Library Loan. The writers (Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi) made the characters seem like every-day-people. The siblings bicker and fight, and they all have very different personalities. By the end I learned to know the characters, and felt like I could relate to them. Just an ordinary family in a very unordinary story. together they fight goblins and save griffins all the while learning to trust each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment